Sunday, October 18, 2009

Owen's Baptism

Today was an important day in our youngest child's life...

owen cropped

...Owen Patrick was baptized in the church I grew up in, the church where Jody and I were married, and the same church were the other 2 children were baptized {all were baptized by the same minister}.

Jody, Banks, {Mary Reese from Popsy's lap} and I presented Owen for baptism. He took the entire service in... DSC_2356
...and behaved beautifully.


And as an added bonus, I managed to get a halfway decent picture of all 3 children... DSC_2398

After the ceremony, we had family and friends over for a luncheon at our house. The menu included Chicken Tetrazzini, Sautéed Carrots, Salad Greens with pears, goat cheese, spiced pecans and fig balsamic vinaigrette, Melt in Your Mouth rolls and cake {basically the same meal we served at the other 2 baptisms}.

The gown was made by my mother when Banks was a baby {I still remember the day we picked out all the lace} and has been worn by all her grandchildren... murphree gown1 Banks in 2003, Mary Reese in 2005 and Owen in 2009 {Cousin Carter wore it in 2008 and his baby sister will wear it on her special day}. Eventually {when we all stop having children} we are going to put their names and baptism dates in the hem of the slip and hopefully our grandchildren will continue the tradition!

The invitations were done by my sister's creative friend Mary...

Invite



The flowers at the church and our house were done by my talented friends Scott and Kathy of Willis Gray Floral Design {they did the flowers at our wedding and my sister's wedding}... DSC_2344

The cake was done by our dear friend Judi Moore {who did our wedding cakes, all our birthday cakes and my sister's wedding cakes. She did tell me I was pushing my luck because she had a wedding and several other events this weekend as well}... DSC_2410 Thankfully I am surrounded by many talented people!

We are extremely grateful to all our family and friends who supported us and Owen today on his special day!

No comments: