Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Carving the Pumpkin

Sunday afternoon was the perfect Fall afternoon, so we decided to carve our pumpkins. The kids were thrilled with the idea... Gross

...for about 30 seconds before they decided it was gross and moved onto other things... Leaf Jumping

But hey...at least I got my yard raked! {Did you notice the Star Jackson wrist band from Saturday's game?}

Each child gave me some instruction on how to carve their pumpkin. Banks wanted triangle eyes, a round nose and fang teeth. Mary Reese wanted flower eyes, a heart nose and a big smile. Here are the finished products... The finished Jack Don't throw way those seeds...you need to roast them with a little butter and salt for about 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They are delicious and delightful! Pumpkin Seeds Banks even took some to share with his class on Monday. I thought about cooking the inside of the pumpkin and pureeing it, but I just picked up a can at the grocery store!

No comments: