Monday, February 25, 2008

VIPs and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last Friday night Jody and I talked about going to the Monaco to see Fools of Gold. We tried to get Prive (the VIP balcony area) tickets for the Saturday night show but they were already sold out:( So this past week we were prepared…we stalked the website until they went on sale Thursday. Yea…finally…the VIP experience! Popsy and Gigi came over to watch the kids and we headed out for our night on the town. We decided just to grab a bite to eat at the theater before the show. We made our way to the staircase leading up to the VIP section and in front a sign reads “Closed for a Private Party.” Who would have thought they would rent the entire area out on a Saturday night for a private party! So we just split a few appetizers at the bar downstairs and headed up to our seats when the Prive area opened up 10 minutes prior to the start of the movie. We did get VIP seating during the movie but we have yet to get the complete Prive experience. Better luck next time!
Saturday afternoon, I was folding clothing watching Food Network. Throwdown with Bobby Flay was on and he was making the ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie…so of course I started craving Chocolate Chip Cookies. I knew I only had about 1 cup of chocolate chips so I search the Food Network site until I found a recipe meeting the ingredients in my pantry. A Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe called for 2 cups of chocolate chips, chopped Hershey bars or M&M’s. Perfect! I had 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cups of Holiday M&M’s left over. Mary Reese decided she wanted to help and really got into it when it was time to lick the beater and bowl. *Note – she doesn’t have clothes on in the picture because she cranked the mixer up on high while I was dumping in the cocoa powder. The cookies turned out delicious and delightful and satisfied my craving!

No comments: