Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pancake Day

It is Saturday morning we just returned from the 42nd Annual Kiwanis Pancake Day in the cafeteria of good old D-High! It reminds me of all the lunch periods I spent in that room. Still to this day I still have to sit on the “correct” side of the cafeteria no matter how packed it is!
I remember taking Banks to his first pancake day when he was almost 3 months old. I had gotten up to feed him that early morning bottle and he did go back to sleep like he normally did. So we loaded up at 6:00 am and went to eat our stacks of pancakes and sausage. It was kind of nice because it wasn’t packed at all! Then we came home and all three of us took a nap!
Both Banks and Mary Reese look forward to this morning every year (almost as much as Christmas morning)! To quote the Decatur Daily: “It has turned into a citywide social event, with friends and neighbors visiting between mouthfuls of pancakes and sausage.” I can’t think of a better way to describe it! If you haven’t been…there is still time…they are serving until 7:30 pm!

2 comments:

Sue said...

love the maxwell house cup! Is Banks enjoying some joe for you? :)

StaceyLWillis said...

I wish I could have made it this year! Yum yum!