Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jody and I don’t get into to all the “stereotypical” Valentine’s Day festivities. I am never waiting for the florist to rollup with a dozen roses…I can think of 1000 other things I would rather have for the money he would spend on roses on Valentine’s Day. Usually I do cook a “special” dinner for the family and we enjoy the holiday together! Tonight’s menu includes steak, baked sweet potatoes and grilled veggies. For dessert, I am attempting some Chocolate Molten Cakes accompanied by some chocolate dipped strawberries! The cake recipe is from a friend of my sisters and is supposedly is from the files of the one and only Frank Stitt! I am getting hungry already!
I do love the holiday for the kids. The other night, I got such a kick out of watching Banks and Mary Reese get serious about “decorating” their Valentine cards for all their friends at school! Ms. Davis asked me to bring a Valentine snack for today and when Mary Reese found out I was making heart shaped cookies with pink icing…she thought she needed to take some to her friends as well. So last night I whipped out 4 dozen heart shaped “sandwich” cookies with the help of Stephanie and Camp (kidding…he came sniffing through when I was rolling out the dough and got dusted)!

No comments: