Saturday, October 15, 2011

kitty for queen

I few weeks ago I got a text from a friend.  Her daughter [who I have known since birth and use to babysit] was nominated for homecoming queen!  I was so excited for her.  It is hard to believe that her and her twin brother are seniors this year and are about to go off to college themselves.

Last Friday, we camped out in front of her mother's art gallery/floral design business.  We could hardly contain our excitement waiting for her to drive by and give us that Miss America wave.

We saw the marching band...

DHSBand

We saw floats, cheerleaders and red raiders...

DHSRaiders

We caught candy, beads and even a flower...

Owen@Parade

Finally we saw Kitty coming our way...

KittyforQueen

Isn't she beautiful?  She was driven by her father and her twin brother rode shotgun.  I love how close her and her brother are.  They really do take care of each other.  I hope my children grow up acting the way they do towards each other.

She wasn't crowned queen, but she will always be a queen in my eyes!

I am telling you I am having a hard time believing they are seniors.  This seems like yesterday...

Kitty@HCParade1996

Actually it is 1996 [the year my twin brothers were seniors].  I took them and their older sister to watch the homecoming parade.  Wow...15 years ago!

She was the flower girl in my wedding with her twin as the ring bearer...

Weddingw/Galvin&Kitty

I am so proud of the young lady she has become!

No comments: