Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Family Favorite: Garden Chicken Pasta

We have been loving eating all of our fresh from the garden veggies.  I cooked this recipe a few times last summer but have fallen in love with it all over again this year.  It is so simple, can be prepared ahead of time and the clean up is super easy!

I was inspired by this version but I do mine slightly different.  I used boneless, skinless chicken breast and pounded them out to be thinner [like you would do for chicken parmesan].  I placed the chicken breast on a square of aluminum foil.  Then sprinkled it with salt, pepper, fresh basil and fresh oregano [I added a few shakes of crushed red pepper to my piece of chicken]...

GardenChicken1

Next I layered lots sliced vidalia onion, squash and zucchini on top of the chicken...

GardenChicken2

Then I topped it with some marinara sauce [I used Paul Newman's...if you have some homemade that would be even more delicious], shredded Italian cheese and grated Parmesan...

GardenChicken3

I wrapped it up in the aluminum foil [trying to leave a little space at the top so all the cheese wouldn't stick to the top].  Bake it at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.  I served mine over angel hair...

GardenChickenFinal

It was so delicious & delightful last week that are going to have a repeat performance tonight!  I already have it assembled, sitting in the frig, waiting on dinner time to roll around.

No comments: