Thursday, June 24, 2010

chilton county peaches

On the way home from the beach, we always stop at exit 205 in Chilton County to grab a snack from Peach Park [home of the best homemade ice creams, fried pies & cobblers].  They also sell fresh veggies and peaches [of course] out front.  I bought the biggest basket of these...


ChiltonCoPeaches

With my peaches, I made 2 batches of Spiced Peach Jam.  Each batch called for 4 cups of peeled, pitted and diced peaches...

DicedPeaches

I cooked the peaches with some lemon juice, sugar & spices...


SPJamSpices

Once it was boiling, I added a pack of pectin and boiled it for a minute more.  Then I canned it so we can enjoy it until next peach season...

SpicedPeachJam

I also made a Grilled Peach Cobbler for Father's Day dinner. 

First I marinated 8 peaches [peeled, pitted & halved] in a can of peach nectar [usually found in the Mexican food section of your local grocery store] with a splash of peach schnappes for 1 hour...


PeachMarinate

Then I threw them on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side...


GrilledPeaches

While my peaches were grilling, I melted a stick of butter in my casserole dish...


MeltStickofButter

Then I layered a mixture of sugars, flour & milk; sliced grilled peaches and the peach marinate...


PCReadytoBake

I baked it at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

PeachCobbler

Delightful served al la mode or all by itself!

No comments: