Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Family Favorite: Homemade Chips

Tonight's menu was Pot Roast Sandwiches {we haven't had them in a few weeks}. They were delicious and delightful as usual. Tonight I served them up with a side of homemade potato chips. I thinly sliced some plain old Idaho baking potatoes using this mandoline {mine is the older version of this one}. I love using a mandoline because everything comes out sliced perfectly thin and uniform {be careful...I almost sliced the tip of my finger off once}. Then I threw my chips into the fryer full of oil...
frying chips
...and waited until they were a perfect cripsness. I lightly salted them and served them along side my sandwiches!
Its In the Chips
A new family favorite! Mary Reese already has some packed in her lunch for tomorrow!

No comments: