Monday, September 7, 2009

Eat More Chicken

"The Pig" had their chicken on sale for 99₵ a pound. eat more chicken When it goes on sale, I like to stock up for some easy weeknight meals. I ended up with about 10 pounds of chicken. First I boiled my chicken {in 2 batches in the pressure cooker} with onions, celery, carrots, rosemary, thyme and salt and pepper... chicken ...then thankfully my head chicken-picker-off-the-boner rolled in from Atlanta to debone my chicken... head chicken dude ...he has experience! Seriously, his first job out of college was a supervisor at a chicken plant. While he was picking chicken, I chopped onions, celery, garlic, green and red peppers. Then I sautéed the veggies in some butter {Paula Deen would be proud...I used 2 sticks} with some salt and pepper... veggies I ended up with 2 nights worth of Cheezy Chicken, 2 nights worth of Chicken Spaghetti, a batch of Chicken Salad and 4 bags of chicken broth... stocking up The casseroles {& broth} are in the freezer...waiting on a night when I need a quick and easy meal! The chicken salad will be my lunch this week :)

No comments: