Thursday, September 25, 2008

Guess what came today {kind of}

I was starting to get a little nervous because I had not received our travel documents for our big trip yet! I knew they should have been sent out 21 days prior to our trip via 2nd Day Fed Ex and we hit the 14 day mark today. I talked to Popsy early this morning because his office address was on our reservation...but he had not seen them. I immediately called SouthWest to get the scoop. Yes, they were mailed out at the 21 day mark and were delivered on Tuesday, September 16th. What??? That was over a week ago and they were nowhere to be seen! They were able to tell me the address they were delivered was Popsy and Gigi's house {the one they moved from a few weeks after the reservations were made in May}! Great!
Their old house is only a few minutes away from I drove over there to see if the new owners still had my precious envelope. The girl told me that she had gotten the package last week, thought they looked like airline tickets {really...did the SouthWest Vacations envelope clue you in?} BUT marked on the envelope WRONG ADDRESS then dropped it back in a FedEx drop box! I wanted to scream! At this point I was giving her a break because I thought my name was on the envelope and knew she would not put 2 and 2 together BUT I am listed in the phone book. How hard would it be to pick up and phone and call me...I bet it would have taken less time than it took you to drive to the FedEx box!
So, I got back on the phone with SouthWest. All that lovely customer service rep could tell me that WHEN they did get the documents back, they would re-issue them to the same address. Wonderful! Are they not getting a little nervous, because I am? Hello, this time in 2 weeks we will be there!!!!
I called back a few minutes later and got yet another lovely customer service rep. I just wanted to get the tracking number for the package so I could call FedEx myself and try to track down the package since SouthWest wasn't too concerned. She informed me that she could not give me that information but when the package arrived back they could re-issue it to the same address. Are you kidding me???
Then I call FedEx. Well they can't track the package unless they have the tracking number! By this point I was extremely frustrated! Jody happened to come home at lunch and agreed to call SouthWest to see if he could get the tracking number out of them. Wouldn't you know it...he got the FABULOUS Lucille who amazingly was able to give us the magic number!!! {Thank you Lucille, you are an absolute lifesaver and deserve a big fat raise!} Then we called FedEx back and luckily the package was still in Madison! Hallelujah!!! After we conferenced my dad in {because his name was on the envelope*} for him to give them permission for me to pick up the package...I was off to Madison! So my entire morning day was spent tracking down our travel documents!!!
I am stepping down from my soapbox now! Yes, we leave in less than 2 weeks for our big trip! The kids are getting more and more excited. I am going to spend next week trying to gather up and organize all the things we think we will need! I will keep you updated on the progress!
*Hello to the genius who bought their you not remember their names? It has only been 4 months! OR how hard would it have been to pick up the phone and call him...he too is listed in the phone book!!!


Sue said...

Yuck! That stinks...but at least you got them! Sorry you had to deal with so much run-around! Walt Disney y'all come!

Lori said...

PEOPLE SUCK!!!!! I say it everyday!!