Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s Day! We had a special treat because Uncle Christopher planned and cooked a delicious and delightful Mother’s Day lunch for all of our Mothers…all I had to do was set the table (well, Debbie and I were in charge of the salad and dessert)! We started off with a Lobster Bisque with real San Francisco Sourdough Bread for dipping while everything else was cooking. He then served us the main course consisting of a Fresh Berry Salad with Blush Wine Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, Creole Mustard Crusted Roasted Rack with Rosemary-Lamb Au Jus, Grilled Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Wilted Spinach, Grilled Garlic Cotija Corn and more sourdough bread. We ended the meal with a dessert trio of Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbert and Cream Cheese Stuffed Strawberries. Every bite was delicious and everyone left stuffed!!! Thank you Uncle Christopher for the wonderful Mother’s Day Treat! I didn’t get any pictures of the Mothers but I did get lots of the food!
At school, Banks made me a card and Mary Reese made a tile with her hand print. Mary Reese left her tile on my bedside table (she gave it to me on Thursday) for a few days but last night she moved it to her bedside table! They both (with Jody's help) got me a gift certificate to Young and Healthy Skin…Yea!!!
The Willis children put together a cookbook of our favorite recipes to honor the person who taught us how to cook (our ex-Home Economics Teacher/Mother). I did it through blurb and it didn't arrive (of course) in time for the big day! I can't wait to see it in person on Thursday!

No comments: