Monday, April 28, 2008

Guest Reader and Mystery Solved

Banks came home from school last Tuesday claiming that he had volunteered me to read to his class the next day. He then handed me the two books he picked out for me to read…Pizza Pat and Fred and Ted Go Camping. I wasn’t convinced he got the story straight because Jody (who took him that morning) nor Nancy (who picked him up) knew anything about it. The next morning, Ms. Davis asked Jody if he knew what time I was coming to read. We arranged it so I could come during my lunch break…right before their nap time. Banks was SOOO excited when I showed up with the books he picked out especially for his class. After I finished reading the second book they asked me to read them again, so I re-read Pizza Pat. Ms. Byrd said they had never asked anyone to read to them again! I was honored even though I think they were just trying to get out of nap time! I gave Banks a hug and kiss as I was heading out the door. I looked up and Bascillio was heading towards me with open arms…then all of a sudden I was in a group hug with 18 Pre-K students. Ms. Davis and Ms. Bryd were amazed…”They never do this!” It was hilarious!
Now onto the mystery – Remember the pots of pansies that randomly appeared on my front porch back in January that no one ever claimed? I finally know who they came from…Ms. June Odom! Mr. Odom came into The Light House last week and mentioned it to mother. She told him that I had been wondering who left them and that the flowers even made the blog! So thank you, Mrs. Odom, for making those yucky winter days brighter!

1 comment:

StaceyLWillis said...

I was laughing so hard to read that you were volunteered to be a guest reader! It sounds like something one of my children would do! I am sure they loved it...including the teacher. I know I do!