Friday, January 18, 2008

Strait Talk

Last night we headed down to Birmingham with Kricket and Michael for the George Strait concert. Before the festivities, we made a pit stop at La Paz in Mountain Brook for a quick and delightful dinner (by the way...the margaritas are pretty delicious too)! If you have never seen him in concert, he is AWESOME. I would put him near the top of my list of favorite people to see concert (along with Tim McGraw and James Taylor). His music is just timeless. Kenny Chesney even made a guest appearance to help him sing Amarillo by Morning! Thanks to Patrick we had some really great seats...he ordered them before the accident. Sue and David were wonderful enough to give them to the four of us. During the concert, I couldn't help but get a little teary eyed picturing him there in his Stetson cowboy hat with a huge smile on his face having the time of his life! Recently I have been really thinking alot about him. The whole thing has just seemed so surreal to me. Anyway, we didn't get home until almost 1:00 am, so needless to say, I was dragging this morning!
We have no plans this weekend, so you will probably be looking at George's picture for a few days. I can think of alot worse people to have to look at :)

No comments: