Tuesday, May 1, 2012

catch of the day

The boys went fishing over Spring Break.  A first for Banks.  They caught tons of fish that we brought home with us.  I divided everything up into smaller servings and sealed it using the Seal-A-Meal to keep it all fresh.  We kept out a few pieces for dinner when we got back.

FreshCatch

I used a wooden plank that came with the BGE.  I layered thin slices of lemon on the bottom followed by a layer of fresh herbs out of my herb garden.  I used rosemary, thyme, parsley, oregano and lemon balm.  Next came the fish sprinkled with a little Tony Chachere's seasoning.  I threw on a few more lemon slices on top for good measure.  Jody grilled it on the BGE until it was done...

FreshCatchCooked

We served it with a little grilled shrimp, fried rice and asparagus.  So fresh, delicious and delightful!  Banks even ate it...I think because he helped catch it.

No comments: