Thursday, September 29, 2011

losing it

Mary Reese got off the bus Wednesday after school.  She was so excited to show me something...

MRLooseTooth

Her first loose tooth!  I had been checking them on and off all school year and felt them getting a little bit looser.  I had no clue it was as loose as it was.

She was DETERMINED that it was coming out that day.  I told her just to keep working at it and maybe it would fall out!  She wiggled and wiggled and wiggled.  I took all 3 kids to get their hair cut...she wiggled it the entire time.

We got home and she decided that she would let Popsy pull it out.  Like I said, she was DETERMINED!  The whole family loaded back up and headed to Popsy's office before he left.  He put her in a chair and rubbed some "magic" cream on it..

MRMagicCream

He grabbed a tool and then next thing we know the tooth is flying up in the air...

MROutItComes

Here is the new Mary Reese...

MRLostTooth

I still do a double take sometimes when she is talking!

Before we went to bed that night, we put her tooth in a special pillow...

MRToothFairy

It is the same one my sister and I used when we were little.  My mom made it for us.

She was beyond thrilled to wake up and find $5.00 replacing the tooth in the pocket.

The reason she was so determine...when they loose a tooth, the next day they get to put a special tooth sticker in their journal and write about the experience.

The one next to it is loose as well...it is only a matter of time before we are doing it all again!

No comments: