Monday, July 25, 2011

winding down :: gearing up

It hit me like a ton of bricks this morning.  Summer vacation is officially winding down, time to gear up for a new school year.  [I will admit.  I am ready.  We function much better as a family on a routine.]  We made one last trip to the library to help complete our summer reading requirements...

lastsummerbooks

I looked at the due date when we were walking out.  8/15/2011.  Hey wait, that is the first day of school.  Holy Cow, that is only 3 weeks away!

With school supply lists in hand, we hit Target.  It is confusing enough with my 3 kids and 2 separate supply lists, so I try to go early to avoid the rush.  We made it through and got everything on both lists...

schoolsupplies

I love school supply shopping.  I love watching them carefully pick out each item like it is a major decision.  Banks stuck to solid colors while Mary Reese ventured out.  She stocked up on items with flowers, hearts and peace signs.

Little Brother is still pissed he didn't get to pick out any school supplies.  I am telling you, he thinks he is as big as them.

We got them home & unpacked...

schoolsupplies2

...sorted, labeled and packed back up.  I love how colorful everything is!  Hopefully they can make it 3 weeks without getting used!

2 school boxes, 48 #2 pencils, 3 boxes of crayons, 3 bottles of liquid glue, 14 glue sticks, 3 boxes of markers, 1 box of colored pencils, 6 dry erase markers, 3 black Sharpies, 1 yellow highlighter, 2 pairs of scissors, 1 pink eraser, 1 wood ruler, 2 clipboards, 1-1" binder, 15 folders with pockets and brads, 4 spiral notebooks, 2 composition notebooks, 1 grid notebook, 3 packs of wide rule paper, 1 package of unlined index cards, 1 package of construction paper, 5 boxes of tissue, 1 package antibacterial wipes & 1 bottle of germ x to the tune of $93.33...

schoolsupplies3

Getting to spend the morning with my children, watching how excited they got over school supplies = PRICELESS

1 comment:

Tara said...

Trust me, it gets easier and cheaper. This year Bethany said all she needs is two big binders and dividers...can't beat that! But then again, it made me a little sad that she's too growny to have a real supply list. Can you believe that in less than three weeks our babies will be in 1st grade?!?