Wednesday, June 15, 2011

family favorite: yeast pancakes

Good Morning!

My mom made these pancakes for us growing up.  She loved this recipe because you can make them ahead of time, you can serve them in batches and the batter last refrigerated for up to one week.  So if you don't eat them all the first morning...you can enjoy them a few mornings later.

YeastPancake

I love how the yeast makes them light and fluffy.  We also like to throw things like handfuls blueberries or chocolate chips when we are feeling it.  I have been know to color or shape them depending on the holiday.

BB-CC-Plain

They are delicious & delightful hot off the griddle with a pat of butter and some syrup.

ShortStack

A perfect way to start or end your day!

They are a must for every trip to the lake or the beach...

LakeCakes

Heck we even had an entire morning centered around them...

BigStacks

Big Stacks Pancake Day originally held on the 4th of July 2007 with the Bibbs, Gantts, Bronaughs and us.  Complete with matching t-shirts designed by Sloane.  [This picture makes me long for that porch on Canal Street.  The best porch ever!]


Yeast Pancakes

3 c. self-rising flour
¼ c. sugar
1 package yeast
¼ c. warm water
2 c. milk
3 eggs, well beaten
¼ c. vegetable oil

Combine flour and sugar in large bowl.  Soften yeast in warm water [I let mine sit for 5 minutes].  Add eggs, oil and milk to yeast mixture.  Add to dry mixture and stir until blended. 

*I store mine in this.  One of my all time favorite kitchen utensils.  Love the fact that it has the lid.

**The griddle is other fav.  I use it all the time for pancakes, quesadillas and grilled cheese sandwiches.  I always haul it to the beach!

No comments: