Saturday, January 29, 2011

family favorite: homemade waffles

I had one happy crew this morning...

LoveWaffles

My waffle iron died earlier this week.  It was a tragic event for my waffle loving family.  We make them about once a week.  My MIL was sweet enough to surprise us with a new one on Friday.  So guess what was for breakfast this morning?

HomemadeWafflesBatter

I use the Homemake Waffle recipe from Table of Contents [JL of Birmingham, AL].  It is my favorite waffle recipe!  [I love a good Junior League cookbook...usually you can't go wrong with one of them.]

HomemadeWaffles

Homemade Waffles

1¼ c. all-purpose flour
1¼ t. baking powder
½ t. baking soda
1 t. sugar
¼ t. salt
1⅓ c. buttermilk
½ c. butter, melted*
1 egg, beaten

Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt into a bowl. Add the buttermilk, butter and egg to the flour mixture and mix just until moistened.

Pour the batter onto a hot waffle iron sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and bake using manufacturer’s directions [about 4-6 minutes].  Serve smeared with butter and drizzled with maple syrup!

Makes 8 delicious & delightful waffles.

*The original recipe calls for margarine but I am a butter girl!

I got a Krups waffle iron when I got married.  My MIL replaced it with the same iron just the newer version.  It worked for a good 10 years...so why mess with a good thing!

No comments: