Monday, May 17, 2010

We're a Grand Old Class!

On Wednesday, Mary Reese had her 4-year-old "We're a Grand Old Class" Program at CSA [which means she is graduating to Kindergarten...boo hoo].

All four classes marched into the sanctuary singing We're a Grand Old Flag.  Then each class took turns on stage reciting a bible verse and singing a song.

Mrs. Charlotte and Mrs. Meagan's Class...

MRM Class

Jack, Davis, Bo, Ellis, Aidan, Conner, Isaac, Crawford, Mary Reese, Deuce, Bentley and Mac [Mary Reese has been with most of these children since they were 9 months old and they are FULL of personality].

Their bible verse:
For nothing is impossible with God.
Luke 1:37

Then they sang I Am A Promise



I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.



I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!



I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

For the grand finale, all the 4 year old classes took the stage...

CSA 4 year olds

...to sing their favorite song, What A Mighty God We Serve.  [Their shirts were created by my o-so-talented friend Tara at Smitten & Co.]


Owen loved all the music...

DancingOwie

...he danced and clapped the entire time.

After the program, everyone was invited up to the gym to view their art work...


MRM Art

Visit with good friends...


Gray&MRM

[Mary Reese and Gray]

And eat lunch.


MR seat

Mary Reese made a placemat to save her table.  Also on the table was a scrapbook which they have been working on all year long.  [I knew better than to look at it there...because I knew I would tear up!]  Mary Reese has showed everyone that scrapbook.  She is so proud of it and so am I!

Mary Reese and Daddy before he had to go back to work...


Daddy&MR

Mary Reese sharing her scrapbook during lunch with Lulu...


MR&LuLu

Maddy, Gray and Mary Reese...


Maddie,Gray,MR

...sharing their scrapbooks with each other.

Even Owen was into looking at them...


Owiewantsin

After lunch, we headed downstairs to the bookfair.  Lulu treated Mary Reese to a book...


Goldilicious

Thank you Lulu!  We have already read it numerous times.

Mary Reese - I can't believe you are graduating from CSA and moving onto big girl Kindergarten.  I know you will be a huge success!

1 comment:

Tara said...

SO glad you had the video of the kids singing on here - that made my day! And thanks for the shout out! :)