Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mommy's Day 2010

I got to spend my Mommy's Day with these three rag-a-muffins...

WagonRide

...and I wouldn't have picked anyone else to spend it with!

The whole week leading up to Mother's Day, I was showered with gifts.  They made me the most fabulous things at school [which mean way more than anything money can buy].

The entire 1st Grade at Banks' school made these for their mommies...


CBM Necklace

They took Alabama red clay, cut it into a shape, stamped it and painted it.  The teachers then had them fired and glazed.  I have worn it almost every single day since it was given to me.  I can't tell you how many compliments I have received on it. The best part of all...Banks just beams when he sees me wearing it [and I am honored to wear it]!

Mary Reese's class painted flower pots for their mothers...

MR Pot

Then they planted us some flowers.  I have it in my kitchen window seal and it makes me smile every morning when I see it.

Jody gave me a new pair of flip flops and this for my garden...


MD Grow

...hope it works!

We had our mothers and grandmother over for a lasagna lunch.  After lunch, Mary Reese had a little tea party for all her babies...


MR Tea Party

She has always been a mothering type and one day she is going to make a fabulous mother!

We played a little dress up...


NerdOwie

And caught a quick nap...


MD Nap

I also did a few loads of laundry and whipped out 2 vulture capes for the class play on Thursday...


Vulture Cape

...a mother's job is never quite over!

After our busy day, we took baths and headed to bed...


Princess Owie

No comments: