Thursday, September 30, 2010

it's begining to smell a lot like fall...

On of my dad's neighbors has a pear tree.  He was the receiptant of several pounds of pears...

pears

I got a huge box full!  First I made a Pear Spice Cake.  Then a batch of pear honey...

pearhoney

I use this recipe.  It is delicious & delightful on a hot buttered biscuit!

I also made a batch of Apple-Pear Butter...
applepearbutter

I used my regular Apple Butter recipe but just substituted 1/2 of the apples with pears.

We also wrapped up a jar of Apple Butter for our teachers...

fallteacherhappies10

I meant to give it to them on the first day of fall but just couldn't quite get my act together!  Now if the fall temperatures will just arrive and stay!  I have made my first pot of soup for dinner this week!

No comments: