Saturday, August 28, 2010

couple of cousins birthdays

Last Sunday the kids, Debbie and I headed south to celebrate Carter's 3rd Birthday and Callen's 1st Birthday.  After an early lunch & a little shopping with Aunt Stacey, we made our way to their house for the big celebration.

Carter was super excited to see all his cousins [especially Mary Reese].  Before dinner they played in Carter & Callen's new tree house...

CousinTreeHouse

Banks & Carter played a little football...

C&BFootball

...while Owen played a little basketball...

OPlaysBalls

Until they collapsed in the grass...

BGrass

Did you notice the sticker on Banks's shirt?  Let me give you a little close up...

JuniorTrooper

Yes, I got pulled over on the south side of Cullman.  I topped a hill and noticed about 10 State Troupers all with people pulled over.  About that time, Banks informed me there was one behind me.  Great!  I pulled to the side of the road where he informed me I was going 10 miles over the speed limit.  I ended up not getting a speeding ticket.  Just a warning for not having my proof of insurance in the car!  Thank you Trooper Dunn for being so sweet!  He gave all the kids a Junior Trooper sticker...they were trilled!

Now back to the festivities...

We enjoyed a delicious & delightful pulled pork dinner with all the fixings...

CousinDinner

After dinner, it was time for cake!  First we sang Happy Birthday to Carter...

HBtoCarter

Then it was Callen's turn...

HBtoCallen

She wasn't overly impressed with the cake...

CCake

But someone else was...

OTipToes

Owen was thrilled Callen didn't woof down her cake...

OEatCake1

He couldn't believe we were actually giving him free reign...

OEatCake2

...but he was sure glad we did...

OEatCake3

We had a fabulous time celebrating our cousins birthdays!  We are so thankfully the live so much closer now!  Happy Birthday Carter & Callen!

No comments: