Thursday, November 8, 2007

Just around the corner!

Officially…yesterday we became homeowners again! The new house is just around the corner from our old house. After closing, we immediately started moving closets and the children’s toys. They were ecstatic when they ran upstairs and all their toys were neatly put away in the toy closet and their clothes were organized in their new closets! We also got all the art and lamps moved and most of the stuff out of the kitchen. The Orrs and their 4 kids came by last night to get their last load. It was wonderful to hear all 6 kids tearing through the house having the best time! Their youngest two are the same age as Banks and Mary Reese…so a big time was had by all! I hardly slept a wink last night, I guess I was excited and anxious about today. I kept going over furniture placement and listing all the things that need to be moved in my head. The movers are coming in a few hours to get the big stuff. It will really feel real when they get all the furniture moved over and the beds set up! I wish I was like Samantha from Bewitched and could just twitch my nose and it all be done!

4 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

So exciting, I hope everything goes well today!

StaceyLWillis said...

Man! Sounds like I missed out on some fun!! Maybe next time I won't have to teach while y'all are moving!

Sue said...

Yea for the new house! We can't wait to come visit. Thanks also for the surprises you sent with Carter's Christmas outfit!

Unknown said...

Love the house-----very cool!!!!