Tuesday, October 30, 2007

“The Dental Chair”

Our blog description says “...created to keep all our friends and family up to date on the happenings of our chaotic lives!” Let me just give you a glimpse of last night at our house!
First, Krystal (our loan officer) was so sweet and made a house call for us to sign all our loan papers for the new house. The kids were bouncing off the walls and we were trying to listen to her. All I need to say is THREE RING CIRCUS! But thank you Krystal for making a house call after working hours! After we went to Debbie’s house to eat a delicious and delightful meal of chicken vegetable soup and cornbread, we came home for what we thought would be our normal bedtime routine. I was in the kitchen trying to make a snack for Banks to take to his class and 2 Sour Cream Pound Cakes for his teachers as their Halloween Treat. I am almost done cutting out the orange Rice Krispie Treats in the shape of pumpkins when I hear Jody yelling at me to come to the bathroom. Mary Reese busted her chin open when she fell from the side of the bathtub. So you would think we would load up and head straight to the emergency room, right???? Just in case you didn’t know, the dental office serves many more purposes than a place to go to get your teeth worked on. All of my family has experience “the dental chair” from getting stitches in our chin or getting your arm x-rayed there first to just make sure it was broken (Stacey). So naturally we called Popsy and he met us at his office. Mary Reese was the bravest and most co-operative almost 3-year old girl I have ever seen! After getting 3 stitches in her chin, she got a trip to the Treasure Tower! Thanks Popsy for saving us from the Emergency Room! Thank you John B. for coming to get Banks and getting him to bed! After finally getting home around 8:30, I still had 2 Sour Cream Pound Cakes to cook and realized I had forgotten to buy the plates and napkins for Mary Reese’s Halloween party. So, I got the first cake in the oven, called Stephanie (she was thankfully at Kroger) to buy plates and napkins, and was getting the stuff measured out for the second cake when I smelled something burning. I thought the pound cake had boiled over onto the bottom of the oven, but I quickly realized the oven was on BROIL instead of BAKE. So my Sour Cream Pound Cake was burnt on the top and runny the rest of the way through! I had to pour it out and start from scratch! Needless to say, I only got 1 cake made last night and will have to make the other one tonight! Thank you Steph for always coming to my rescue! The chaos continued this morning when Jody called to say the Huntsville Branch of Gulf Eagle Supply was burning to the ground! He was trying to get the kids to school, deal with the electricians that were fixing a few minor things at our soon to be old house and get to Huntsville with the spare keys to their trucks. Luckily no one was there when the fire started and the cat got out alive! Welcome to our world, don’t you wish you could join us!!!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Good Grief! I'd say you are due for some down time!

StaceyLWillis said...

I have experienced the dental chair twice!! Mar mar better get caught up. She's with me on the stitches but she hasn't had to wear a homemade sling to the mall before going to the dental chair for an X-ray and finally going to the ER for a cast!

Anonymous said...

3 stitches and out of there in 30 minutes! Not bad for an old tooth mechanic. Mary Reese was incredibile. She was almost as good as Stacey!


Popsy

Unknown said...

Praises to Popsy! I have never seen a 3 yr old get stitches without at least 2 ER nurses on top! Either great skill or great breeding. I'm going to vote with Popsy!!
Broiled a cake.......NICE!!

Katia Craig said...

So how's Mary Reese now? How's your new house now? Good thing you have your Popsy to take care of her stitches, thus saving you from further expenses. I hope she's good now and I hope that your dental chair is good, too. That's what a dental chair does best, after all. :)