Saturday, March 19, 2016

disney day three :: hollywood studios

We caught the first bus to Hollywood Studios because the boys wanted to sign up for Jedi Training.  {They will let you in the park early if your kids are with you and you want to sign up for Jedi Training.} We got in line and signed up for 10:40. We immediately headed over to Rock n Roller Coaster because we did not have a fast pass {you have to choose between this ride or Toy Story Mania}.

We ran as soon as they dropped the rope letting the crowd into that area.  We only had about a 20 minute wait. Justin, Jody and Banks ran ahead.

I had Mary Reese, Sarah Kathryn and Owen. They bailed by the time we got to the front of the line, so I rode solo.

The kids and the first riders were waiting for me at the end.

Some of the group rode behind us and some rode Tower of Terror.

By that it was getting time for Jedi Training.  We grabbed a group shot in front of the new Hollywood Studios Park icon...

We haven't been since they removed the Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat.  Jody took the boys for their short training session so the girls grabbed a spot so we could see the show!

Banks and Owen both passed the test and became Jedis.

The newest Jedis!

Our first fast pass of the day was for the Star Wars Tours starting at 11:15.  It was right next to the Jedi show and it was starting to sprinkle.  We had to wait a few minutes between the show and the start time of our fast pass.  We jumped in line right as it was beginning to sprinkle.

There was a light rain coming down when the ride was over.  Our SciFi lunch reservations were not until 1:30.  The Great Movie Ride wait time was we got in line!

Then it was time for our lunch reservation at Sci Fi Drive In Theater. Such a fun restaurant with kids. We got 2 cars side by side. The kids sat in one and the adults in another one.

The burgers were great and the kids loved the milkshakes.  It was a fun dining experience and one I would do again.

While in Sci Fi, Barbara {a Disney rep} started texting Julie because she heard their fast passes were messed up the day before.  She synced all our Fast Passes and was very helpful to our party of 12 the rest of the week.  Some of the ones she fixed were for anytime during the day which was nice because we were not limited to a specific hour.

By the time we finished eating, the rain had thankfully stopped.  We made our way over to the Pixar area because our next Fast Pass was for Toy Story Mania! Last time we were in Disney, this ride had just opened. It is still just as popular!

We headed back to Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror because our last fast pass of the day was for Tower of Terror.

While some of us were on Tower of Terror...

...Jody was babysitting the non riders!  We got caught in a longer than posted wait line at Rock n Roller Coaster so our friendly Disney employee Barbara gave us an extra fast pass for Tuesday!

We rode those a couple of times and decided to head to Disney Springs {formally Downtown Disney}.  We took a bus from Hollywood Studios to Port Orleans Riverside and then caught a bus to Disney Springs from there.  We ate at Wolfgang Puck's counter service.  The boys made their own light sabers and visited the Lego store while the girls shopped in girly stores.

I took my kids into the Christmas Store and let them each pick out an ornament for the tree.  We decided to call it a night and jumped on the bus back to the resort. Another late night, Disney tired but I wouldn't have it any other way!  Epcot was on the agenda for the next day.

No comments: