Saturday, January 23, 2010

Valentine's Shrinky Dink Tree

I have been wanting to turn these branches into something crafty for Valentine's Day....

Bare Branches

...I just couldn't find anything I liked!  Last night I was reading this post on a friend's blog when I discovered these...

Ready to Shrink

...Valentine's Shrinky Dinks!  I knew they would be perfect for my branches!  We had the best time during our snow day making our SD Christmas ornaments...so I knew the kids would be into them.  Mary Reese spent hours coloring hers...
Busy Coloring

Banks colored for a little while and moved onto the Wii.  Owen took over one of his pages...

Owen wants action

I am always amazed that they go in the oven one size and in less than 3 minutes they come out a fraction of the size...

Before & After

We punched holes in them before we baked them so we could string them for our Valentine's tree...

Shrinky Dinky Valentine's Tree

How fun is that...

Valentine SD Closeup

While at Target we picked up a few of these...

Happy V Day

...paired with a homemade treat, they make the best teacher gift!

2 comments:

C. Smith said...

I was just at Target looking for those - and could not find them anywhere - Love the tree!! its perfect

Tara said...

I promise I didn't buy the place out...sorry you had to make the trek to Huntsville today!! But it was worth it because your tree is too cute! I had to find branches from the yard for ours...yours is much more fun, Martha! :)

PS...MR is an Etsy celebrity. People are going nuts over her picture!!