Saturday, December 19, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

Last weekend, the kids made their annual gingerbread house...

Ready to Decorate

The hardest part of those gingerbread kits are getting the house to stay together until the icing dries. This year I was going to outsmart Wilton...I had my glue gun in hand ready to hot glue those houses together. Little did I know...Wilton was one step ahead of me!


When I opened the boxes, I was THRILLED to discover they were pre-assembled...

PreAssembled

...HALLELUJAH!  Do you remember the disaster from 2 years ago?  Let me just give you a reminder of the final product...
2007 Disaster

Mary Reese and I made the one of the left and Banks and Jody made the one on the right.  Banks is still torn up with Jody for not getting his house to stand!

I had everything ready for the crew to do the decorating...

Hour of Entertainment

They did it 100% themselves!  I think they turned out fabulously...

Finished Houses

...best of all, they had a blast doing them and it kept them entertained for over an hour!

No comments: