Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Eating our way up I65

We left the beach around 10:00 Monday morning and we snacked all the way up I-65:
First stop: the Conecuh Sausage plant in Evergreen
The deal of the day was the Conecuh "Hot Dog" for $1.50! They also have bite-sized pieces cooking for sampling/snacking:
Mary Reese usually loves their sausage, but this trip she settled for a bag of 'ritos:
Next stop: PEACH PARK in Clanton
Always good for a scoop of homemade ice cream, cobblers and these: Fried Peach Pies!
Final stop: Davenport's Pizza in Mountain Brook
I have been going there since I was born! Our favorite - a Jim's Special:
Jody and I shared a large just so we would have some leftover to bring home! Baby Owen didn't get to participate in all the snacking this trip... Next year, he will be right in there with the rest of us!

No comments: