Monday, July 12, 2010

these little piggies...

My little piggies went to the farmer's market...

FarmersMarket
Debbie came by Saturday morning and we all headed to the local farmer's market.  We found lots of fresh things all of which have to be...

HomeGrown

locally home grown!  [The dragonfly is apart of the Dance of the Dragonflies and was painted by a friend and neighbor.  It is one of my favorites this year.  I wish it was coming to live in my garden after the exhibit is over.]

Banks helped pick out some okra for frying...

BOkra

And Mary Reese carefully picked out some zinnias...

Zinnias

She only wanted the pink ones, so she ended up with a beautiful bouquet of pink zinnias...

MRZinnias

We have enjoyed seeing them brighten up our kitchen.

Owen LOVES corn & was thrilled to bring some home...

OCorn
We also ended up with some squash & peaches...


SquashOkra

Mary Reese helped me make squash dressing...


MRHelper

...while enjoying a bowl of stewed squash!  [Squash dressing is kind of like your traditional Thanksgiving cornbread dressing with stewed squash mixed it.  It is delicious & delightful!]

I also cut our 12 ears of corn off the cob for some creamed corn...

CreamedCorn

Owen wandered through the kitchen & tried to snag an ear of corn off the counter.  Instead he ended up with just a cob...

CornLover

Those 12 ears of corns yielded 8 cups of creamed corn...

CreamedCorn

While I was doing the corn, this is what was happening at my feet...

Pigpen

He is such a mess!

Our trip to the farmer's market turned into a delicious & delightful dinner last night.  We had meatloaf, creamed corn, squash dressing, fried okra, fried green tomatoes & a chocolate pie.  I am still stuffed this morning [& my kitchen still smells like a greasy spoon diner].

No comments: