Thursday, September 27, 2007

Let’s all go to the Fair!

Last night we made our annual trip to the Morgan County Fair! Both of our kids were so excited to get there…I barely got dinner in them! Honestly, I didn’t think Mary Reese would ride anything since she didn’t ride on anything at the Kiddie Carnival a few months ago. But she was right behind Banks in line for every ride! I think their favorite ride was the new safari train…I think they rode it 8 times! Jody took Mary Reese to ride the train again because she didn’t want to ride the carousel, I thought Banks was going to jump off the moving carousel when he realized it! When that carousel finally stopped (I don’t think it was completely stopped), he jumped off and ran to the train ride…but there were no seats left. He was heartbroken! We topped off the night all sharing a caramel apple…how else would you end a night at the fair?
Make a PhotoShow Full Size
On a sadder note…I have been following this truly amazing family’s blog (conorbootheandgirls.blogspot.com), which I found through another friend’s blog, for a week now. I have been in total awe of their faith and strength during these extremely trying times in their lives. While my family was happily getting ready to go to the fair last night, they lost their precious 8-day old baby girl to Trisomy–18. Please remember to pray for this family…they have inspired me!

1 comment:

jgantt said...

Ummmmm..... I was really hoping to go to the fair also? After going to Calwell's Birthday Party in Athens and seeing all of those mini rides I have been fired up about the big rides. Not to mention all of those awesome games-throw a dart at a balloon and win a sweet Motley Crue mirror, throw a ping pong ball in a fish bowl and win a fish. Can we go back.